Monday, July 16, 2007

delicious (I'm annoyed by the name and the periods)

I tried to view the tutorial four different times today, and each time, this is the message I received:
ERROR: www.library2.0.ottergroup.com is temporarily unavailable or does not exist. Please check the address and try again.
So I went on to look at some of the other things that were recommended. I did visit some bookmarks at PLCMCL2; interesting stuff, but WAY too much to take in at one sitting. Whoever said we could do these tasks in 30-60 minutes a week was dreaming!
The bookmarks in one place is a very useful idea. I have to think on where I might find this most useful in my job; readers' advisory comes to mind.

Addendum:
After spending some time with the library sites that have delicious bookmarks, I feel comfortable in saying that I understand the use of and importance of these bookmarks. I certainly learned how to recognize them, and I won't be left out in the cold when I visit sites with these bookmarks. Although there may never be an occasion in my life to create any of these bookmarks, since I really do value my privacy, I can see how I can benefit from knowing
what they are and how they work.

No comments: