Thursday, June 21, 2007

mdlearning2 part 2

This goes with the two SRC photos in the previous post. I couldn't figure out how to get the text on the post with the photos. I chose option 2, which is described as an easy challenge. Phooey! Taking the photos was easy; using the software on the library computers to download and label, etc. was not. I ended up taking the camera with photos home so I could use my I-photo program on my Mac computer to download and edit the photos, saved the photos to a memory stick, and brought the stick back to the lib. so I could continue with this "easy" challenge. Doesn't sound like much, but it took all my off-the-desk time on Wed., and Thursday morning I was finally able to get the photos on the blog. I can't figure out how to tag them, though. I tagged them when I tried to upload them from flickr, but the photos wouldn't show; only that red box with an X that shows an image is missing. I ended up using the blogger upload feature, but there was no way I could find to add the tag, so it's in my subject line.
I chose this challenge rather than the one that has us going through photos, just because it seemed more like something I would use in the future. I don't really enjoy going through hundreds of photos to find something cute or distinctive or funny. As I said in an earlier post, this is work for me, not play.
In the end, I certainly learned what I needed to do to complete the challenge. I feel good about that.

1 comment:

JimD said...

You're really moving ahead. I hope you're enjoying it. It's true that some of the things are just exercises to expose us to the tools. Some I know I'll never try again but others are becoming part of my daily repertoire.